SAPI’s mission is to build the lending infrastructure for the web. We are a FinTech that enables payment companies to offer their sellers fast and fair business financing and earn a revenue share. We are well-funded and backed by several famous angels, unicorn founder-turn-investors and many of the UK and Europe’s top venture funds.
Our 3 founders are technical experts with >10 years each in Credit, Tech and Data; ex Goldman Sachs, Iwoca, and Morgan Stanley. We are looking for founding engineers who will work directly with our CTO, Senior Product Managers, and external stakeholders. You are the foundation of our engineering team from a technical and cultural standpoint. You set the bar in terms of execution pace, quality, and how we select candidates after you. While you will need to be comfortable with the lack of structure and possibly wearing multiple hats, building our business directly with 3 founders means making complex technical/architectural decisions and developing and leading a team around you.
We are highly invested in you. Besides attractive compensation, our priority is that the work and opinions of our founding engineer will be treated with equal importance as the founders themselves. The role carries a significant high-risk, high-reward nature. Join us in building a leading credit API for a £7 trillion dollar market while enjoying a fun, challenging, and rewarding journey.
- Backend services using Node.js and Python
- PostgreSQL, Redis for data storage
- Docker to run our services
- AWS, for most of our infrastructure
- Typescript, React, Next.js, TailwindCSS for frontend
- OpenAPI REST for our public APIs, GraphQL for our internal API
- Take ownership of a significant part of the system
- Influence the technical direction of the company
- Design, develop, and ship resilient distributed system
- We are open to candidates of all levels of SE experience; preferably 1 year of commercial experience
- Product focus, understanding the impact on the end-user
- Experience designing and building APIs
- Good understanding of relational databases
- Ability to write code that’s testable, readable, and easy to reason about
- Passion for learning and growing in a fast-moving startup environment
- Worked on a public API & have examples of Open-source contributions
- Previous experience in FinTech or financial institution
Our ideal fit is someone with an entrepreneurial spirit. This means:
- You have the experience
- You crave ownership
- You’re okay with ambiguity
- You’re multidisciplinary
- You operate at light speed
Benefits of a Software Engineer
- Attractive compensation with substantial equity
- 100% remote, and if you wish, with options to work from our London office (Shoreditch)
- Opportunity to be a founding member, developing and later leading the engineering team
- Work anywhere, anytime: Flexible working hours/arrangements
- Opportunities for personal development and focused career training
- Other year-round perks such as merchandise, gifts, and team trips
- A proven, well-funded business with strong exponential growth
- Technically challenging, large-scale, and complex problems to solve
- Autonomy, ownership, and decision-making capabilities from day one
- A dynamic and motivated team, working in a fun and positive environment
Our Interview Process
This process comprises four stages:
- Introductory call with our internal recruiter where we get to know each other and find out more about SAPI.
- Technical interview 1, this will be 1 hour with the CTO or front-end lead. Expect software engineering questions and a live coding exercise.
- Technical interview 2, a behavioural and technical question session with 2 of our founding engineers.
- Final chat with our founder, a conversation about culture, team fit, and more hard-skill questions will be covered.
Have more questions?
Talk to us! We’re always available to help.