SAPI’s mission is to build the lending infrastructure for the web. We are a FinTech that enables payment companies to offer their sellers fast and fair business financing and earn a revenue share. We are well-funded and backed by several famous angels, unicorn founder-turn-investors and many of the UK and Europe’s top venture funds.
We are seeking a highly motivated HR & Recruitment Lead to join our team at SAPI. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly with our leadership team, playing a pivotal role in shaping the future of our organisation from both a culture and HR perspective. As the first point of contact for our employees, you will be instrumental in fostering strong engagement and cultivating a positive work culture throughout their journey with SAPI.
To excel in this role, you must possess exceptional communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment, while working to tight deadlines. Previous experience in HR, Software Engineering Recruitment, and customer service will be valuable assets as you take the lead in our full-cycle recruitment efforts. As the foundation of our HR team, you will be a team player and problem solver, always striving for success.
At SAPI, we recognise that flexibility and adaptability are key to success. As our HR & Recruitment Lead, you will embrace the ever-changing workload and wear multiple hats, ranging from HR responsibilities to managing recruitment efforts. With the dynamic nature of this role, the direction of the company remains crystal clear, and you will be at the forefront of driving positive change. Your dedication and efforts will directly impact our achievements, as you will not only bring on the future employees of SAPI but also play a pivotal role in shaping the future culture of our business.
What we offer
We are highly invested in you. Besides an annual base salary of £40-50k with EMI share options, our priority is that the work and opinions of our People Lead will be treated with equal importance as the founders themselves. In this journey with SAPI, we offer several benefits to support you:
- Attractive compensation with substantial equity (share options).For UK-based employees, we set up the scheme as EMI options, which come with some great tax benefits for you;
- Fully flexible working with 1-2 days a week in our London office (Shoreditch)
- 22 days annual leave as well as bank holidays (30 days total);
- We will contribute to your pensions through NEST;
- Onboarding training package that is personalised to your role and responsibilities from day 1;
- We have a suite of benefits, including generous sick leave, paternity leave, and compassionate leave – you can read more here;
- Other year-round perks such as merchandise, gifts, and team trips;
- Autonomy, ownership, and decision-making capabilities from day 1.
- Identify new potential candidates across the UK, Europe & Vietnam;
- Lead end-to-end recruitment for technical and non-technical roles, collaborate with leadership to define requirements, create job descriptions, and develop interview processes;
- Utilise diverse recruitment channels (job boards, social media, networks, events) to identify and engage high-potential candidates, maintaining a talent pipeline for future hiring;
- Conduct initial candidate screenings (CV reviews, video screenings) to ensure qualifications and cultural fit;
- Schedule and facilitate interviews with hiring teams, provide necessary candidate information and feedback for a smooth and efficient process;
- Contribute to the company’s employer branding strategy, identify new company-wide benefits as well as participating in events to attract top talent;
- Ensure an exceptional candidate experience, communicate effectively, provide updates, and address inquiries professionally;
- Assist in onboarding and coordinate with hiring managers for a seamless transition of new employees;
- Stay updated on labour laws, recruitment trends, and best practices to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field;
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in tech recruitment with an addition of 2 years of experience in HR. Ideal candidate will have between 4-6 years of experience;
- Proven track record of sourcing and hiring high-quality technical talent in a competitive market;
- Strong understanding of the tech industry, including software development, data science, and product management;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working in a fintech/ FIS is not essential but a big plus;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple recruitment processes simultaneously with attention to detail and organisation;
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and other HR software tools;
- Portuguese/Spanish speaker, fluent in one or another language is a big plus.
Our Interview Process
This process comprises 4 stages:
- Following successful CV screening, you will be invited to a video interview with our internal recruiter to assess your qualifications and discuss your reasons for applying to SAPI. This chat will be no longer than 45 minutes.
- If successful, the 2nd stage will be a conversation with our business development team. This will be no longer than 45 minutes.
- Based on your performance in the 2nd stage, you will move on to the 3rd stage, which involves a deep dive discussion with our CEO. This stage aims to assess your understanding of the HR aspects of our business and your ability to contribute to our strategic objectives. This will be a 30–minute call.
- If we feel it is necessary, we will coordinate further conversations with our CTO & CCO in due course but will make this decision upon successful completion of stages 1–3.
We understand that this process is thorough, but this role is critical to the future success of SAPI. We anticipate that this process will take no longer than 4 weeks to complete.
Have more questions?
Talk to us! We’re always available to help.