SAPI’s mission is to build the lending infrastructure for the web. We are a FinTech that enables marketplaces and payment companies to offer their sellers fast and fair business financing and earn a revenue share. We are well-funded and backed by several famous angels, unicorn founder-turn-investors and many of London’s top venture funds.
Our 3 founders are technical experts with >10 years each in Credit, Tech and Data; ex Goldman Sachs, Iwoca, and Morgan Stanley; and we are highly invested in you. Besides attractive compensation, our priority is that your work and opinions matter. Join us in building a leading credit API for a £7 trillion dollar market while enjoying a fun, challenging, and rewarding journey.
Find out more about SAPI and our tailored off-cycle/summer internship by following us on LinkedIn!
Why choose this internship?
- No prior experience required! In other words, just a go-getter, I-can-do attitude, being hungry and street-smart will do.
- A fully tailored internship: Your strengths, your weaknesses, your interests and your schedule!
- Work anywhere, any time! Remote is OK with us – you don’t need to be in London! And, you can work any time you like, as long as the weekly tasks are done!
- Flexible starting date: We’re flexible on when the internship starts. So whether you have another job this summer, or have a study commitment, just let us know and we can arrange a suitable arrangement.
- Finally, we are looking to create a position that perfectly fits you and your experience as an individual. In other words, this flexible internship is the chance for both of us to learn what works best for you. Above all, there’s no pre-determined position here for this post, we’ll hire you for what you do best!
For most summer internship positions, the expected workload will be c. 10 hours a week and no more than 15 hours a week, on a part-time basis. Thus, even if you have another job or study commitment, we can easily fit around your schedule. Furthermore, if you’d like a full-time partnership, we can also arrange for that depending on your situation.
As part of your internship, you will be working directly with Mai (our founder) and have the chance to collaborate with other interns and SAPI staff. In addition, you will have the chance to engage with beta users directly.
At the beginning of the week, you will receive tasks via team collaboration tools. After that, you have the flexibility to complete these tasks within your own time or liaise with your teammates. Towards the end of the week, there will be a meeting to discuss your output and prompt feedback will be given for you to improve.
The summer internship is a paid and remote position. This enables you to fit the work around your study schedule, enrich your CV and gain valuable skills while having other life commitments.
If we have found a great mutual fit between you and our company throughout this summer apprenticeship, we’ll consider you for a full-time role in our company after the internship. Alternatively, if we found that you are better suited for another company, e.g. one of a larger size/later stage, we’ll happily provide reference and intros where appropriate.
We are a highly motivated team with a passion for helping SME businesses, and having fun at work. With this internship opportunity, we are looking for talented and very motivated interns, with an appetite to create lasting relationships in order to grow the business of SAPI. In return, you will learn skills across a variety of business fields while working with others in a team. And, you will also continue to change your preferences throughout the internship and mix & match these fields once you learn more about yourself:
- Marketing: Work with us on marketing tasks to develop SAPI presence in the UK market.
- Operations/ HR: Building operational processes and assisting with the recruitment process of sales team members.
- Fundraising: Work with us on fundraising tasks and prepare key materials for investor meetings.
- Accounting: Work with us on book-keeping tasks and prepare our annual financial statements.
- Sales: Proactively support the business development team to approach and acquire new clients through defining new business opportunities and unique pitches.
- Business strategy and development: Support the planning and execution of campaigns and projects to grow our share of the market.
- Product: Execute product development plans, prepare materials to support the commercial offer and participate in key account meetings.
- Finance and Lending: Work with us to build our loan product from scratch, utilising data and making key strategic decisions to build a robust financial product.
- Legal: Provide legal strategy around the execution of our product development, prepare material to support shareholders and existing legal commitments, prepare our regulatory approvals, review our existing agreements and participate in key meetings.
- Smart cookie: You are working towards, or already have, an excellent bachelor’s/ master’s degree from a reputable university.
- Great communicator: Confidence in communication and a persuasive and engaging writing style.
- Analytics lover: Fluent use of Excel/ data/ analytics software and detail-oriented.
- Fast learner & self-starter: Ability to learn quickly and get stuck-in.
- Positive character: Looking for the up-side, a team player with drive, conscientious with a strong hands-on mentality.
- English speaker: English language native/ fluent, other languages are a plus.
- Availability: Available for a 3-6 months part-time, flexible, remote internship. Plus, a possibility to transfer into a permanent role upon successful completion.
- Attractive compensation.
- 100% remote, and if you wish, with options to work from our London office (Shoreditch).
- Work anywhere, anytime: Flexible working hours/arrangement, and remote.
- Learning budget; endless opportunities for personal development and focused career training.
- Other great perks such as holidays, team trips and partners’ special deals.
- A proven, well-funded business with strong exponential growth.
- Technically challenging, large-scale and complex problems to solve.
- Autonomy, ownership and decision-making capabilities from day one.
- A dynamic and motivated team, working in a fun and positive environment.
- A company with integrity and a second, caring family.
- Possibility to transfer into a permanent role upon successful completion.
We look forward to receiving your application with your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your availability and work arrangement preference.
Have more questions?
Talk to us! We’re always available to help.