Money Laundering Reporting Officer, Lithuania-based
SAPI’s mission is to build the lending infrastructure for the web. We are a FinTech that enables payment companies to offer their sellers fast and fair business financing and earn a revenue share. We are well-funded and backed by several famous angels, unicorn founder-turn-investors, and many of the UK and Europe’s top venture funds.
We are looking for a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) who will work with our Lithuanian entity. At SAPI, we are revolutionising the financial industry by harnessing cutting-edge technology to provide innovative and secure financial services. As a leading fintech company, we recognise the importance of maintaining the highest standards of integrity and compliance. That’s why we are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated professional to join our team as an MLRO.
As our MLRO, you will play a pivotal role in safeguarding our organisation against money laundering activities. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining an effective anti-money laundering (AML) program, ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry best practices. Your expertise will be crucial in detecting and preventing illicit financial activities while fostering a culture of compliance throughout our organisation.
Besides attractive compensation, our priority is that the work and opinions of our MLRO will be treated with equal importance as the founders themselves. The role carries a significant high-risk, high-reward nature. Join us in building a leading credit API for a £7 trillion dollar market while enjoying a fun, challenging, and rewarding journey.
About the role
- Responsible for acting as SAPI’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), developing, and maintaining the appropriate policies, procedures, and processes.
- Conduct thorough investigations into suspicious transactions and report findings to the appropriate authorities. Monitor and analyse customer transactions for potential money laundering activities, utilizing advanced tools and techniques.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in AML laws, regulations, and industry trends, and ensure the organization’s practices align with the evolving landscape.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide guidance and training on AML matters, fostering a strong compliance culture. Serve as a point of contact for regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies, and other relevant stakeholders regarding AML issues.
- Oversee client onboarding for the Lithuanian entity and lead effective identification, control, and management of the firm’s high-risk client segments.
- Lead the embedding of relevant tools to ensure that the firm can identify and manage financial crime risks.
- Support the development of SAPI’s financial crime training program.
- Support AML audit activities for the Lithuanian entity.
- Produce MI packs quarterly and an Annual MLRO report for senior management of the Lithuanian entity.
- Currently based in Lithuania
- Strong understanding of anti-money laundering regulations, guidelines, and best practices.
- Proven experience in a similar role within the financial services industry, preferably in a fintech or banking environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to identify patterns and anomalies in complex financial transactions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organisational and multitasking abilities, with the capacity to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Relevant certifications, such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), are highly desirable.
- Experienced with supporting the development of financial crime processes: KYC (client onboarding and ongoing), customer screening or transaction monitoring.
- Has completed financial crime training and is willing to complete a financial crime qualification within the first six months of assuming the role.
- Previous experience in FinTech is great to see but not a must.
Our ideal fit is someone with an entrepreneurial spirit. This means:
- You have the experience
- You crave ownership
- You’re okay with ambiguity
- You’re multidisciplinary
- You operate at light speed
Benefits of working with SAPI:
- Attractive salary and 25 days of paid holidays per year besides bank holidays (that’s 33 days total).
- Work anywhere, anytime: Flexible working hours/arrangements, and remote
- We have a suite of benefits, including generous sick leave, paternity leave, and compassionate leave.
- Opportunities for personal development and focused career training.
- Other year-round perks such as merchandise, gifts, and team trips.
- Autonomy, ownership, and decision-making capabilities from day one.
- Opportunities for personal development and focused career training
- Sponsorship for the ICA Certificate (International Compliance Association)
- A proven, well-funded business with strong exponential growth
- A dynamic and motivated team, working in a fun and positive environment.
Our Interview Process
This process comprises 3 stages:
- Following successful CV screening, you will be invited to a video interview with our compliance team to assess your qualifications and discuss your reasons for applying to SAPI. This chat will be no longer than 45 minutes.
- If successful, the 2nd stage will be with our Business Development Manager. During this stage, you will have the opportunity to discuss your current work situation and explore how your skills and experience would integrate into the vibrant environment at SAPI. This discussion aims to assess your compatibility with our team and ensure a strong fit within our organisational culture. This chat will be no longer than 45 minutes.
- Final chat with our founder, a conversation about culture, team fit, and more hard-skill questions will be covered. This chat will be no longer than 1 hour.
Have more questions?
Talk to us! We’re always available to help.