SAPI’s mission is to build the lending infrastructure for the web. We are a FinTech that enables marketplaces and payment companies to offer their sellers fast and fair business financing and earn a revenue share. We are well-funded and backed by several famous angels, unicorn founder-turn-investors and many of London’s top venture funds.
Our 3 founders are technical experts with >10 years each in Credit, Tech and Data; ex Goldman Sachs, Iwoca, and Morgan Stanley. Due to our rapid growth, we are currently looking for some exceptional account managers to join our team! We are highly invested in you. Besides attractive compensation, our priority is that your work and opinions matter. Join us in building a leading credit API for a £7 trillion dollar market while enjoying a fun, challenging, and rewarding journey.
As SAPI serves the growing needs of both platforms and SME businesses in the UK and Europe, we are looking for account managers to engage with clients (both platform partners and merchants) to identify business opportunities, build strong relationships with clients and refine their experience with us.
This placement involves close and continuous engagement with our customers. Primary duties include:
- Building and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with our customers.
- Growing sales through identifying new business opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Writing and deliver reports on key projects and opportunities.
As well as building up and honing your B2B customer service and sales skills, you will also have broad exposure to other aspects of the company through optional business development projects including marketing, strategy, product development, accounting and operations.
Specific responsibilities and duties
We are a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, ambitious team with a passion for helping SME businesses and having fun at work. As part of this team, we are looking for talented and motivated account managers, with an appetite for creating long-lasting customer relationships to grow SAPI.
Account manager duties include:
- Develop and maintain true brand presence and long-lasting relationships.
- Act as the lead of contact for any account concerns from your customer base.
- Increase sales from new and existing customers through renewals, upsell, and cross sell.
- Ensure successful delivery of our solutions to customers in a timely manner according to customer needs and objectives.
- Identify new business opportunities and collaborate with other teams to further define and expand the scope of existing opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver regular reports on status of key projects and opportunities.
- Provide guidance and training to other colleagues within SAPI to support wider business objectives in areas of expertise.
The account managers will report directly to our Founders.
The majority of the tasks will be designed to help you hone your B2B customer service, sales and management skills. However, you will also have the opportunity to elect several projects to enrich your skillsets and gain a deeper business understanding. You will spend 1-2 days a week on selected projects of your choice, through which you will have plenty of learning opportunities while working with others in a team. These projects of choice can cover other fields such as Marketing, Fundraising, Business Strategy, Product Development, Accounting and Operations.
What we are looking for
- Great communicator: Confidence in communication with a persuasive and engaging style.
- Street smarts: Know how to navigate your way through any situation, have a keen intellect, a quick eye and lots of common sense.
- Fast learner & self-starter: Ability to learn quickly and get stuck-in. A self-starter who takes the initiative to make things happen – entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, a ”can do” attitude.
- Personal charm: A self-confident, outgoing and charismatic in SAPI who actively enjoys building strong, and genuine relationships.
- Positive character: Looking for the up-side, a conscientious team player with drive, and a strong hands-on mentality.
- Compassionate competitor: You want to win, but not at the expense of your team; you always think about joining forces to achieve a common goal.
- Excellent language skills: English language native/fluent. Fluency in other languages is a plus.
- Coachable: Be open-minded to trying new (and potentially uncomfortable at first) things and learn with our coaching and resources.
- Fearless: You have the grit and stamina to continue when the going gets tough, and/or you face rejections.
- Experienced: Previous experience in customer focused and/ or account manager role. If you don’t have that, we’ll look for signs of eloquence, demonstrated professionalism, as well as your ability to work well in a team.
- Attractive compensation.
- 100% remote, and if you wish, with options to work from our London office (Shoreditch).
- Opportunity to be a founding member, developing and later leading the customer success team.
- Work anywhere, anytime: Flexible working hours/arrangement, and remote.
- Learning budget; endless opportunities for personal development and focused career training.
- Other great perks such as holidays, team trips and partners’ special deals.
- A proven, well-funded business with strong exponential growth.
- Technically challenging, large-scale and complex problems to solve.
- Autonomy, ownership and decision-making capabilities from day one.
- A dynamic and motivated team, working in a fun and positive environment.
- A company with integrity and a second, caring family.
We look forward to receiving your application with your CV at email@example.com. Please also include your availability and work arrangement preference.
Have more questions?
Talk to us! We’re always available to help.